Procedure of Article Reviewing
- Aiming to comply with the ethical standards adopted by the international scientific community and to PREVENT ANY INFRINGEMENT of those standards, an OBLIGATORY REVIEWING PROCEDURE is provided for all the articles to be published in the collections of scientific works of Kharkiv Regional Institute of Public Administration of the National Academy for Public Administration under the President of Ukraine (“Actual Problems of Public Administration”, “Theory and Practice of Public Administration”, and “State Formation”).
- The submitted to the editorial board scientific articles which satisfy all the formal criteria are to be considered at the editorial board meeting FOR CONFORMANCE TO THE SUBJECT MATTER of a specific collection of works and establishing the scope of reviewers.
The submitted materials are subject to internal and external reviewing which is performed by the editorial board members or peer experts. The reviewing is done on a confidential basis.
- THE REVIEWER EVALUATES:
- adequacy of justifying the topicality of the reviewed paper;
- grounding the relationship of the problem brought up in the paper with important scientific or practical tasks;
- completeness of the analysis of the recent research and publications on the general problem in question;
- compliance of the article objectives with the problem explored by the author;
- substantiation of the obtained scientific results;
- research conclusions and their fitness for the article objective;
- prospects for further research in the chosen area.
The reviewer also evaluates the terminological consistency of the article; the author’s exposure to the scientific literature on the topics related to the discussed array of issues, including international practices; the specificity of the author’s style and parlance (clarity of language and style, the need for extra scientific and literary editing etc.).
- The review should include EXPLICIT CONCLUSIONS as to the expediency of publishing the article, supplemented with a list of its major flaws (if any), followed by a decision formulated as “recommended”, “recommended after correction of the flaws found”, or “not recommended”.
- The review is issued in a printed form, signed by the reviewer, and certified by the official seal of the organization at the place of the reviewer’s employment.
- In case of the paper rejection, the editorial board notifies the author of their substantiated refusal. The ULTIMATE DECISION on the expediency of publishing is made by the editorial board of a specific collection of scientific works.
of Kharkiv Regional Institute of Public Administration of
the National Academy for Public Administration under the President of Ukraine
Kharkiv Regional Institute of Public Administration of the National Academy for Public Administration under the President of Ukraine (KRI NAPA) being the FOUNDER AND PUBLISHER of the collections of scientific works “Actual Problems of Public Administration”, “Theory and Practice of Public Administration”, and “State Formation”, ADHERES to a set of requirements to articles accepted for publication, is GUIDED by recommendations of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), the Code of Ethics for a Scientist in Ukraine, as well as by the practical experience of the foreign and Ukrainian professional associations, research organizations and editorial offices.
The PUBLISHING POLICY is based on the PRINCIPLES of objectivity and impartiality in selection of articles for publication, obligatory article reviewing, a collegiate character of decision-making on publishing articles.
Ethical Standards Guiding Editorial Boards Activity
The editorial boards are responsible for TIMELY PUBLICATION of the above collections of scientific works.
The Editors-in-Chief of the collections of scientific works and members of their editorial boards make decisions about APPROVAL OF ARTICLES FOR PUBLICATION.
The submitted articles are subject to an obligatory EXPERT EVALUATION by editorial board members. The adequacy of presentation and scientific significance of scientific articles are the BASIC CRITERIA for recommending them for publication. The editorial boards have the right to reject an article or refer it back to the author for finalizing in accordance with the comments made.
Ethical Commitments of Authors
The authors of articles bear FULL RESPONSIBILITY for their content and truthfulness of the presented factual materials.
The authors should submit to the collections of scientific works only original materials that have never been published before.
In case of using or citing other author’s materials, REFERENCES to them and their appropriate sources must be made. Violations of the said requirements are regarded by the editorial board as plagiarism and impermissible unethical acts.
The authors should submit articles for consideration by the editorial board in the form CORRESPONDING TO THE ESTABLISHED REQUIREMENTS set to publications in the collections of scientific works of KRI NAPA.
Ethical Commitments of Reviewers
All the papers submitted for publication are subject to reviewing.
The reviewing of articles by the editorial board members is an OBLIGATORY STAGE in the process of approval of articles for publication.
The reviewers of the collections of works make scientific evaluation of authors’ works, maintaining ABSOLUTE CONFIDENTIALITY. All the materials, in particular those unpublished, may not be used by the reviewers for personal advantage or for any other purposes without the consent of their author(s).